

It is the times like these that I love. I love watching Zoey and Dustin play together. Laying in Dustin's arms and watching Zoey dance around and sing. Alot of the time I dont take the time to see the importants of the little things in life.
My brother and his wife are getting divorced after 10 years together. It makes me tear up everytime I think about it. I love both of them very very much. The other night I was thinking about all the "what ifs".. What if that happened to Dustin and I? What if Zoey died, do Dustin and I have a good enough relationship to stay together or is Zoey the glue? What if there was something I could have done or said that would have helped Ryan and Ali stay together. I was up half the night thinking about all these things when I started to think about all the little things.. Dustin's laugh, Zoey's smile, The way Dustin holds me, Zoey's little dances and the songs she sings, the smell of freshly cut grass and Lilacs, being able to cry and knowing Dustin will hold me til it stops. These are just a few of the things that I love.
Big things in life matter but I think it is the little things that make us who we are. I dont love Dustin cause he bought me a ring, I love him cause he sings me this song everytime I am having a bad day and everytime it makes me smile. I dont love Zoey cause she came from me, I love her cause she teaches me everyday, She makes me smile when she is crazy, and when she is sleeping she looks like an angel.
Life is hard, we all know that. Just remember the little things!

1 comment:
Holy crap Jenna, I about started crying after reading that post. You have got some writing skills, my dear! I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I definitely agree with you - it is the little things that matter. I have always envied the relationship you & Dustin have together. I think it is amazing that your bond is so strong, especially after all you've been through together. You have an amazing little family. I think you are an amazing woman & I hope you never forget that.
Love ya!
Post a Comment