Friday, June 20, 2008

Mommy & Daddy Words

Yesterday my innocent little Zoey swore! She said Dammit!! Julie, Dustin, and I just kinda sat there in shock. We couldn't believe it!! We asked her a couple times what she said, and it was clear as day, she had said Dammit! I went in there and told her we dont say that word, that that word is a Mommy and Daddy word. A little while later we were on the way to the hospital to see Dustin's Grandma and I said Pissed Off AND so did Zoey! Its not a bad word I know but I would like my Zoey to talk better than that. Dustin told her that was a Mommy word and to not say it anymore. She hasn't said anything since but Dustin and I realize that now we have to watch EVERY word that comes out of our mouths around her.

4 comments:

Tiffy Ann said...

So maybe she was saying what we think she was saying the other day! Shame on you Jenna!! :)

Shai said...

Ya it is always surprising when they get to the point that they start saying swear words! Oakley was saying "What the hell" a little while ago, but she is good about not saying it again after we tell her not to. Ya time to stop swearing!!! (easier said than done)

Tiffany said...

None of those words are mommy/daddy words. If you just don't say any bad words then you don't have to watch what you say around her. Potty mouth.

PBDobson said...

Welcome to the world of speaking children. They love to repeat what they hear from their favorite and most admired people. It always made me think about what I said because "I" have a real issue with "do as I say, not as I do". God Bless you and good luck with your little angel.
Love ya,
Uncle Per