Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Finding Joy in the Journey

Tiffany and I took the girls to see Santa before the lines got huge! I was kinda nervous cause our girls haven't exactly warmed up to Santa in the past. We were in line waiting for Dan and so I decided to take Zoey up first. I was very very surprised when she went right up and sat on his lap. She was shy at first and slowly warmed up to him, it was cute. After she was done talking to him she took her candy and we waited for Scarlett and Hawley to go say hi. It sure was a change from last year, it was much nicer!!


Those of you that have already heard it wont be big news, but WE GOT OUR OWN PLACE!! Dustin and I are really excited but I think Zoey is more excited than we are! She loves her room and her new big girl bed, its fun to watch her. We moved over the Thanksgiving weekend, Thanks everyone for your help!! On Sunday we met Morgan and Cody in Nephi to change cars. On the way back up north Zoey feel asleep in her chair watching Sleeping Beauty and resting her arm on her drink, it was so cute!


For the last year Dustin's parents, Doug and Julie, have been amazing and let us live in their basement. Thanks again guys, you helped us so so much. I know I wasn't easy to live with, so thanks for putting up with me. I have to admit I was ready to move out 9 months ago. It started to get really hard for me and I just couldn't be happy. For the longest time I just was depressed and I always said "when I move out I will be happy." Everything that should have be important in my life was right in front of me, and I was complaining about not having my own place.

A little over a month ago I went visiting teaching and my companion gave the lesson. She talked on President Monson's talk, Finding Joy in the Journey. It talks about how we need to find joy in the journey - now. We shouldn't say, "when I have a new car I will be happy", "when we are out of debt I will be happy", "when I have my own place I will be happy." We should be happy with what we have, not always waiting for something. It was something that I needed to hear. That was my turning point, my prayers were no longer asking for stuff, but thanking my Heavenly Father for all that he has given me. I am truely blessed in my life, I honestly have nothing to complain about.

When I was in jail, I found my happiness. I have never in my life felt the spirit stronger than I did in jail. I learned to have faith and trust my Heavenly Father. I didn't have Zoey or Dustin with me, but I had my savior and he comforted me and helped me through it! I was so excited when I got out and I could hold my daughter in my arms and kiss her. When Dustin got out and held Zoey and I at the same time I was in Heaven, we were finally together, how it was supposed to be. Over the next few months I forgot that, I am glad I had the visiting teaching companion I did. One big thing I learned was that everything is on Gods time, not mine.

Here is the link to President Monson's talk http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-947-26,00.html.

6 comments:

Huebner's said...

Jenna.... I love you. I got teary eyed reading your post. You are an amazing woman and I am so happy to know you. Thank you for sharing your testimony, you are AWESOME! I wish I could have a testimony like yours! I hope you are doing well, and I miss you!!!

Alicia said...

I'm so happy you guys have your own place!

Jessica Speed said...

I second that the joy is in the journey and we have so many things to be thankful for. Thanks for the reminder. Congrats on your new place!

The Lee Family said...

I am so, so proud of you Jenna. I was a little worried that after you got out of jail you might forget the faith that you found, but you continue to amaze me with the emense faith that you still have. I could do alot better if I remembered your faith and tried to be more like you. You are truly a great example to me and my family.

Ryan and Lacey said...

I live in Arizona, and I am really trying to love it. But I miss my family and friends! My husband works and I just hang out really I wish I had a job so I was so bored!! Your little girl is soo cute. Just to comment on this blog entry it's hard to find the joy in living with other people I know from experience and I hate it!!! But congrats on you own place!

Ryan and Lacey said...

Ha ha I was talking about my friend Kevin when I was typing that it ha ha. But I fixed it!