It was Zoeys and my first plane ride. She had a blast, throwing her arms up into the air when we hit turbulence. She did so good being in such a small space and she loved every second of it! As long as we weren't landing, taking off, or hitting turbulence I was okay, with minor anxiety. Zoey even said to me at one point, "Mommy it isn't scary". I have concluded that when she grows up and realizes you can crash and die, maybe it wont be so much fun for her.
After we landed we went over to Colby and Alyssa's house for dinner and then Colby, Doug, Dustin, Ryan, and I all left for Atlantic City. We stayed for a few hours and then drove back home to Philly.
The next day we all got up and ready to go to Colby's graduation. Yes that is right he finally graduated! We are all so proud of him! Congratulations Dr. Dobson!!
Saturday we went up to New York, my new FAVORITE place ever!! I loved everything about it. We went to Central Park, Time Square, and did some shopping. We went to toys r us, which Zoey loved! When we left we got on the subway and for the next 4 hours endured hot, Sweaty hell! They changed the route of the trains that day (go figure) so we were lost and ended going to Coney Island, or something like that, which is not where we wanted to be! We finally found our way and jumped on the ferry back over to Staten Island.
Sunday we went to church. The people were so friendly, I have never felt so welcome in a ward before. After church we went home and ate, and then went to feed the ducks. We left there and went to this old church and cemetary. It was creepy but cool. Our camera battery died and so we didnt get any pictures of that.
Monday we headed back over to New York to go to The Late Show with David Letterman! It was so much fun! It was crazy to see how it is done behind the scenes. We ate at Hello Deli and did some shopping. We got some really cool pictures of The Statue of Liberty and Manhanton.
Tuesday we went shopping and just hung out. We went shopping at The King of Prussia, the 2nd biggest mall in America. It was huge and we didnt even walk a third of it. It is a tradition the night before you leave Colby and Alyssa's that the kids dance around with glow sticks. Zoey and Lincoln had so so much fun! After the kids went to bed we played bean-boozled. It will be to soon if I ever taste Skunk Spray or Vomit again!!
Wednesday we went into Center Philly and saw the liberty bell and where the Declaration was signed! It was so cool!! I got to eat my hot dog, made by a vendor on the street (something I have always wanted to do, Yes I am weird). Before Colby took us to the airport we went and ate at this building that has every different kind of food you could want! Then it was time to say goodbye and get on the plane.
Thanks so much Colby and Alyssa for all you did for us! You both are amazing! We cant wait for you to move a little closer to us, so we can visit and see those cute little kids more often!
I know this was a little long but I couldn't leave anything out!!


2 comments:
You lucky girl! I have ALWAYS wanted to go to NYC! It looks like you had so much fun!
Oh, wow! What a super fun trip! Glad you enjoyed it!
Post a Comment