Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Will Miss You!

My cute little Grammy passed away a week ago and her funeral was this past weekend. I am going to miss my Grammy!!



Last Picture I took with her


I loved hearing all about her interesting life. Some of my favorites were about how her first car and house cost around $800-$900, and how little their paychecks were back when her and Grandpa were first married (which at the time wasn't that bad).
How when she was going to school, a couple of her friends and herself tipped over her teachers outhouse after school. The next day at school the teacher told them he knew who it was and if it wasn't put back up after school he would tell their parents. Right after school she went and picked it back up.
She moved out to California for a while to work. I always thought she was so brave for venturing out on her own.
About her and Grandpa's mission to New Zealand, and how beautiful she thought that place was.
My Dads leg caught on fire when he was about 8 and Grammy ripped his leather laces right off his boots. I always loved that story.
Whenever her and Grandpa came to visit when we were younger we would run out and give them hugs and kisses. When it was time to go we would go out to their car with them to get candy they had in a tin jar in the front seat.
The only time I saw her cry was at Grandpa's funeral before they closed the casket. She gave him a hug and sobbed into his shoulder. I don't think I will ever forget that.
Every time she saw me she would grab my face and tell me how beautiful I was. In return I would tell her it all came from her. She would just laugh and hug me!
She got to see Zoey a few times and told me every time she had no idea who she looked like. Zoey looks just like me, but she couldn't see it. She got mad at me once for visiting her and not bringing Zoey with me. She told me I was to always bring her down with me.
I am so thankful I was able to see her one last time before she got really bad. We went down to St. George 2 weeks ago and I got to spend some time with her, which I am very thankful for now.
My Mom called me right before she passed and told me that she was probably going to go soon. I felt very sad, but very happy for her. She has wanted to go since Grandpa died 12 years ago. She hated being alone. I told Mom to tell her to send me a good little baby when she went. Whether she heard her or not, she is up there now holding my baby (and Kristi's). It didn't get to know her in this life but at least it gets to be with her before it comes down to this scary place.
It was good to see everyone at the funeral. I wish I had gotten more pictures of everyone, but this is all I got.
I love you Grammy!! I will miss you terribly!
Grammy's kids, minus Hal who died 49 years ago. Gary, Pam, Patty, Scott


Grammy and Grandpa's headstone



My pregnant cousin Kristy and I



Alicia, the flowers were beautiful! Yes Kristi, I stole your picture of Grammy when she was younger, I couldn't find one.

2 comments:

NatDCurfiss said...

its hard to lose a loved one, daves mimmi passed a few months ago. it was sad but we were greatful she went to be with papaw because shed been sick for so long.
i hope you are finding comfort in knowing you will be with her again someday.
thinking of you!

Marie said...

What a great post girlie! Im so sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing lady.